Home » » Mothers are selling their BREAST MILK on Facebook but doctors warn it could be harmful to babies

Mothers are selling their BREAST MILK on Facebook but doctors warn it could be harmful to babies

Women in the UK and U.S are selling their breast milk online, despite serious concerns that it could be harmful for babies.
Mothers are using community forums, including Facebook, to make some quick cash out of their extra milk.
Buying breast milk is tempting to new parents struggling to express their own, as it provides babies with better protection against illnesses and allergies compared to formula. 
Mothers are selling their excess breast milk to make some quick money on a classifieds website
Mothers are selling their excess breast milk to make some quick money on a classifieds website
Websites such as onlythebreast.co.uk appear to answer this need, saying: 'Our discrete breastfeeding breast milk classified system makes it possible to sell or buy breast milk in a clean, private way.'
Donor mothers list their milk under the age of their baby and if they can provide fresh milk on demand. A search around the site reveals women from Essex to Newcastle are offering it either fresh or frozen for around £1 per fluid ounce, while $2 per ounce is the standard rate in the U.S .

 

There are legitimate ways to both donate and receive breast milk for free via milk banks. These centres store breast milk for babies whose mothers can't breastfeed. 
New mothers buy and sell breast milk on various social networks including Facebook
New mothers buy and sell breast milk on various social networks including Facebook
The banks collect expressed milk from pre-screened mothers who have a plentiful supply and a baby under six-months old. It is then pasteurised before it is offered to nearby hospitals.
But today doctors in Germany warned new parents against privately obtaining their baby's food through social networks such as Facebook. 
The Professional Association of Pediatricians said that although breast is generally the best option for newborns, mothers unable to breastfeed should not turn to the internet.
'Donors can be taking medicines or drugs, have infectious illnesses like AIDS or Hepatitis,' Wolfram Hartmann, president of the association, said.
'Nobody can check whether the unknown mother's milk is harmless for the particular child' he warned, adding that the milk's quality could also be affected during its transportation.
The warning follows a report by the online edition of German news weekly Der Spiegel and the association's own research, it said.
Young mother bottle feeding her baby
Doctors agree that breast milk is better than formula as it is packed with disease-fighting substances. However, many women struggle to express enough milk and resort to bottle feeding
It also warned that a newborn's nutritional needs differed from those of a baby even of several weeks or months old.
'The milk of a woman who already has an older child does not contain the right nutrient composition for a newborn,' it added, and said women who were unable to breastfeed should use special powdered milk.
Although websites such as onlythebreast.co.uk says families can take precautions such as asking for medical documents showing the donor has a clean bill of health, this isn't mandatory.
Professor Mitch Blair, Officer for Health Promotion at the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, said: 'We encourage women to breastfeed where possible – as it can have real health benefits for both mother and child. 
'For mothers who are unable to breastfeed, but want to give their children breast milk, the NHS breast milk bank provides a safe outlet for them to do so.
'We would strongly recommend using these official NHS milk banks rather than buying breast milk from other sources over the internet.
'It’s crucial that the milk is checked thoroughly for substances that could be harmful to the baby, that it is pasteurised properly and that it is transported safely - and only through official milk banks can we be sure that’s the case.'
Selling breast milk also throws up ethical questions, as one mother found when she expressed an interest in selling hers on Netmums. 
One member asked why she wouldn't donate something that was 'free to make', while another responded: 'I can not believe someone would want to profit from a mother & baby's misfortune.
Onlythebreast.co.uk has not yet responded to a request for comment.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2218971/Mothers-selling-BREAST-MILK-Facebook.html#ixzz29a4MZf8N 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Share this article :

10 comments:

  1. While all of this may sound discouraging, many researchers are optimistic about soon releasing a vaccine against HPV. As a virus, HPV has a coat of proteins around its genetic material, and the human immune system may be able to generate a defense against the virus through exposure to some of those viral proteins before it actually encounters the real thing. Currently, clinical testing is underway using some viral proteins to see if they actually work in vaccinating people against HPV disease, still on i heard about it on media when a young lady also gave her testimony about this same Dr, well left with no hope i message Dr ALAHO telling him all my problem, he told me what we where going to do, that he was going to send me a portion which i am going to take, and after which i took this herb portion he sent to me, he told me to go back to the hospital for check up and after i have done that i should come and tell him the good news result, at first when i saw the message i was so shock and still did not believed i will be cured, well friend to make my story short i am HIV positive, I saw a blog on how Dr ALAHO cured people, i did not believe but i just decided to give him a try, I contacted him and also got my healing, i am so happy. If you have any problem or you are also infected with any disease, contact him now with his Email: (alahoremedyhome@gmail.com) or call or whatsapp him on +2348125341278, friends Dr ALAHO can help you solve any problem HIV; HERPES; ZIKA; CANCER; contact him now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I has suffered for Human papillomavirus HPV) for 2years, I was given some tablets at the hospital but I refused to take it, They said I have to be on it for life so I don't want take a drugs everyday for life. No point in taking medicine everyday when u won't get cure from it and I was advice to seek for natural herbal cure, after some time I found dr Aza is the most trustful herbalist that have herbs to cure wicked symptom's,I emailed dr Aza, for 2weeks been his patient he cured my (HPV) with his herbal. I only used his natural herbs for two weeks it was 100% cure. I'm not (HPV) patient anymore. I'm happy about it i finally got cured out of this mess been in my body for 2years. I also recommend you if you're living with (HPV) or herpes symptoms i also want you to be free contact dr Aza with the email attach to my post dr.abaherbalhome@gmail.com you can call or whatsapp his number on +2348107155060 see more at drabaherbalhome.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I has suffered for Human papillomavirus HPV) for 2years, I was given some tablets at the hospital but I refused to take it, They said I have to be on it for life so I don't want take a drugs everyday for life. No point in taking medicine everyday when u won't get cure from it and I was advice to seek for natural herbal cure, after some time I found dr Aza is the most trustful herbalist that have herbs to cure wicked symptom's,I emailed dr Aza, for 2weeks been his patient he cured my (HPV) with his herbal. I only used his natural herbs for two weeks it was 100% cure. I'm not (HPV) patient anymore. I'm happy about it i finally got cured out of this mess been in my body for 2years. I also recommend you if you're living with (HPV) or herpes symptoms i also want you to be free contact dr Aza with the email attach to my post dr.abaherbalhome@gmail.com you can call or whatsapp his number on +2348107155060 see more at drabaherbalhome.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Never believed i was ever going to be HPV FREE again,DR. AZA has given me reasons to be happy, i was HPV positive for 3 years and all the means and medicine i tried for treatment was not helpful to me, but when i came on the Internet i saw great testimony about DR. AZA on how he was able to cure someone from HPV, this person said great things about this man, and advice we contact him for any Disease problem that DR.AZA can be of help, well i decided to give him a try, he requested for my information which i sent to him, and he told me he was going to prepare for me a healing portion, which he wanted me to take for days, and after which i should go back to the hospital for check up, well after taking all the treatment sent to me by DR.AZA , i went back to the Hospital for check up, and now i have been confirmed HPV FREE, friends you can reach DR.AZA on any treatment of any Disease because i saw many testimony of different disease like, HERPS,HIV AIDS,EPILESY, CANCER,CFS he is the one only i can show you all up to, reach him on azaspellcaster@gmail.com or you can call or whats app his number on +2348107155060 quick contact him for help and you can just quicky drop your number on your first mail as i did for easily conversation. dont let anyone distract you get your cure

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello every one out there, I am here to give my testimony about a herbalist doctor who helped me in my life. I was infected with Hiv VIRUS in 2010, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the river side thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure Hiv VIRUS and gave me his email, so i mail him. He told me all the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the Hiv VIRUS that was in my body got vanished . so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email Dr madukahealinghome@gmail.com

    1) If you want to cure ALS.
    (2) If you want your ex back.
    (3) if you want to cure your
    herpes
    (4) You want to be promoted in
    your office.
    (5) You want women/men to run
    after you.
    (6) If you want a child.
    (7) You want to be rich.
    (8) You want to tie your
    husband/wife to be yours
    forever.
    (9) If you need financial
    assistance.
    (10) if you always have bad
    dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to let the world know about Dr Bello herbal cure is 100% Guarantee percent sure to cure your. HIV/AIDS ,He is only person that i can boldly say he can cure any types of Disease.i was having HIV for more than 3 year when i meant Dr Bello online on how he has cured so many people and how greatly he has helped many individuals online,so i contacted him and explained my situation to him and behold i was cure with his herbal medicine and now am living happily, so to anyone issue on hiv/aids challenges i advised that you contact (dr.ewadudemuspellcaster1960@gmail. com) he can also cure any disease such as(1) HIV/AIDS(2) HEPATITIS B,(3)DIABETICS,(4)CANCER,(5)HERPES(6)STAPHYLOCOCCUS(7)He can also bring back your ex back,He is the great herbalist man called Dr.Bello i must say a big thanks for curing my HIV, i own you in return. Thanks and be blessed sir.his Mobile number+2348107996445

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dr. Osagie God will continue to bless you more abundantly, for the good works you are doing in peoples life, I will keep on writng and posting testimonies about you on the Internet, I’m John Homles , I was a HIV patient, I saw a blog on how Dr. Osagie cured someone, I contacted him and also got my healing, kindly email him now on (drosagiesolutiontemple@gmail.com OR
    DROSAGIESOULTIONTEMPLE@YAHOO.COM ) or His Whatsapp number: +2347030465649...thank you my great DR
    Dr OSAGIE CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-
    HIV/AIDS
    HERPES
    CANCER

    ReplyDelete
  8. just wanna say a big thank you patrice cythia for introducing me to Dr Akioya the great HERBALIST that helped me prepare home remedies that cured my herpes simplex virus (HSV1&2) I was infected with herpes for the past two years and i was not happy all day so i was desperate to get a cure so that i can live normal and get healthy. One day i was less busy so i decided to make latest research on herpes cure and i found a site were everyone was talking about Dr Akioya and has ability to cure Herpes, HIV, HPV, Cancer, ALS, COPD, Anthrax, genital wart, cold sore, Arthritis skin tag and all manners of diseases and virus. So i discussed with cythia and she explained to me that its very easy working with Dr Akioya so i contacted Dr Akioya via email dr.akioya17spellhome@gmail.com and he helped me just as he has helped others now I am now cured from herpes am very happy now. and i can also assure you that he can also help you. so if you need the service of DR Akioya kindly contact him drakioya17spellhome@gmail.com. or whatsapp +2348105257464.He can also cure so many sickness

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is no problem without a solution, And today God has used a Dr. Oriane to solve my own problem with his herbal medicine, i was diagnosed with Herpes virus 2 years ago, and i was told it has no cure that i have told me taking drugs, this break my heart because i hate drugs, this made me started looking for ways and means to get this virus out of my body, and i started making research and one day i came across a man who was sharing testimony how Dr. Oriane Cure him and his wife from Herpes Virus, hearing this news Gladys my heart and i quickly collected the contact of the doctor he posted and message him, and after telling him all my problems he said he can help me and told me the cost of the medicine and said i will have to pay for the delivery first that when i receive the medicine before i will pay for the medicine and then i send him my address. This makes it two weeks now that I have finished taking his treatment and have done 3 different tests and all came out negative and i'm now living a normal life free from drugs. You can also contact this Doctor for any health issues or challenges for solution. Here is his contactEmail Address: droriane6@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2349031652461  Congratulations as you find solutions to all your health problems.      

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is no problem without a solution, And today God has used a Dr. Oriane to solve my own problem with his herbal medicine, i was diagnosed with Herpes virus 2 years ago, and i was told it has no cure that i have told me taking drugs, this break my heart because i hate drugs, this made me started looking for ways and means to get this virus out of my body, and i started making research and one day i came across a man who was sharing testimony how Dr. Oriane Cure him and his wife from Herpes Virus, hearing this news Gladys my heart and i quickly collected the contact of the doctor he posted and message him, and after telling him all my problems he said he can help me and told me the cost of the medicine and said i will have to pay for the delivery first that when i receive the medicine before i will pay for the medicine and then i send him my address. This makes it two weeks now that I have finished taking his treatment and have done 3 different tests and all came out negative and i'm now living a normal life free from drugs. You can also contact this Doctor for any health issues or challenges for solution. Here is his contactEmail Address: droriane6@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2349031652461  Congratulations as you find solutions to all your health problems.      

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © Health Bulletin - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger