Home » » 'I felt sad and depressed and thought they didn't love me': Jennifer Lopez reveals she suffered from 'baby blues' after giving birth to her twins

'I felt sad and depressed and thought they didn't love me': Jennifer Lopez reveals she suffered from 'baby blues' after giving birth to her twins

With a successful career as an singer, actress and American Idol judge, life always seems to be going smoothly for Jennifer Lopez.
But the 42-year-old actress has confessed she suffered from 'baby blues' after giving birth to twins Max and Emme back in 2008. 
'I remember after the babies were born, about seven to 10 days in, I was like, "What is going on with me?"' the star tells Redbook magazine in its June issue, as she promotes new movie What To Expect When You're Expecting.  
Scroll down for video...
Candid chat: Jennifer Lopez, Cameron Diaz, Brooklyn Decker, Anna Kendrick and Elizabeth Banks appear together in the latest issue of Redbook magazine where they discuss thought on motherhood and new movie What To Expect When You're Expecting
Candid chat: Jennifer Lopez, Cameron Diaz, Brooklyn Decker, Anna Kendrick and Elizabeth Banks appear in the latest issue of Redbook magazine where they discuss new movie What To Expect When You're Expecting 
Confession: J-Lo, pictured with twins Max and Emme in 2010, said she got the 'baby blues' shortly after their birth
Confession: J-Lo, pictured with twins Max and Emme  in 2010, said she got the 'baby blues' shortly after their birth
'I felt sad and depressed and thought the babies didn't love me,' she says. 'I actually remember picking up the book [What to Expect When You're Expecting] to try to see what was happening to me, and it said how you have this huge hormonal drop about seven to 10 days after you give birth. 
'It's called the "baby blues." But I just thought they didn't like me!'
Lopez plays Holly - a woman who adopts a baby from abroad - in the new film, which is adapted from the pregnancy guide book by Heidi Murkoff and Sharon Mazel.
Lopez shares the cover of Redbook with the movie's colourfully dressed co-stars Cameron Diaz, Elizabeth Banks, Brooklyn Decker and Anna Kendrick 
She became a mother to twins Emme and Max at age 38 by her then-husband Marc Anthony. 
Meanwhile, her co-star in the film, Diaz, 39,  says she hoped to be a mother by the age of 21.
'I thought I was going to be married and have two children,' Diaz confesses to the magazine. 'I think I felt I had to model my life after my mother's.'

What to expect: Lopez with Rodrigo Santoro who plays her husband in the new movie
What to expect: Lopez as Holly, with Rodrigo Santoro who plays her husband in the new movie 
However Diaz, who plays an expectant mother in the film, landed a role in hit movie The Mask when she was 21, which dashed her plans. 
She adds: 'But then my career was starting to take off and there were still so many things I wanted to do. 
'So that dream [of motherhood] for me was shattered early on. After that I never put another time line on anything in my life.'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2140876/Jennifer-Lopez-reveals-suffered-baby-blues-giving-birth-twins.html#ixzz1uJ8lBmbc
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Health Bulletin - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger